YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
Donal Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 12:56:25 -0400
Starting shortly before 9am this morning, we started having problems
without our network connection to the Internet & CA*Net.  We've
placed a service call and at this point the problem appears to be a
with the Bell connection to ONet (our ISP).  At this point we
have no estimated time when service will return to normal.

Our connection to the outside world seems to be sporadic - up one
second and down the next. Unfortunately, this sporadic connectivity
to the outside world seems to be causing problems for certain high
volume servers on campus (ex:  www.yorku.ca).

At present there are no problem with the internal York network.

Questions or concerns about this note, should be directed to
the CNS Helpdesk in the Computing Commons, Parking Structure II,
(voice: 416-736-5800, email: [log in to unmask]).