YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
Rob Finlayson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:58:49 -0400
On Saturday August 23rd, Computing and Network Services (CNS), will
upgrade our installation of WebCT from 3.6 Standard Edition to 4.1 Campus
Edition. This major upgrade will require that the WebCT server be
unavailable from 10am Saturday, August 23rd until noon Sunday, August
24th. At this time we will also be moving the WebCT service to new server
hardware to accommodate increasing demand, and to better position us for
growth in the future.

Once service has been restored we request that all course designers test
their courses and report any problems they find that were a result of the
upgrade.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. More information about
this upgrade, including new features and capabilities can be found at
http://www.yorku.ca/fsc/webct-upgrade.htm

Questions or concerns about this note, should be directed to
the Faculty Support Centre in the TEL Building, 88 The Pond Rd.
(voice: 416-736-2100 x30351, email: [log in to unmask]).