Sender:
From:
Paula Worton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:36:16 -0500
T'as raison, ma belle!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ghislaine Goudreau
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 2:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tobacco teachings and children

I have just returned from holidays but would like to response to email
posted a week ago around tobacco use and children. I am an Aboriginal person
and to teach children about the use of tobacco(sacred and non-sacred), role
modeling is best way to get messages across. We show our children by doing
(hopefully what is right). Yes, I definitely agree that social issues such
as poverty need to be considered as extremely important but many of these
discussion seems to neglect the individual. In our social circle, we promote
both community and individual responsibility.  In taking social action we
must never forget that the individual spirit is also a key element, it is
part of the circle not separate from it.  The circle includes individuals,
families and the community. Keep up the good work in social advocacy but
respect those that are working with individuals and families.

Ghislaine Goudreau
Health Promoter
Sudbury and District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street