YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
CNS Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:09:39 -0400
The following is the new schedule of network service interruptions for
this summer.  If you have any problems with any of these outages,
please let us know ASAP.

July 18:

00:00 - 06:00 hrs, during this period there will be a number of
outages of various lengths impacting EOB and Comp. Sci. buildings.
These outages are necessary in order to perform necessary hardware
and fibre changes.

00:00 - 06:00hrs during this period we will be making some hardware
changes to the border router.  If all goes well the hardware changes
should not result in any service outages, but if there are problems
there may be a few brief service outages impacting Internet/CA*Net
access.

July 25:

00:00 - 06:00 hrs, during this period there will be a number of
outages of various lengths impacting the entire York data network
including Internet/CA*Net access.  These outages are necessary in
order to perform security related software upgrades to some of the
core, machine room and building switches.

Aug 1:

00:00 - 06:00hrs, if all goes well on July 25th, there will be no
outages during this period.  If we are unable to complete the work
on the 25th, there may be a number of outages of various lengths
impacting the entire York data network including Internet/CA*Net
access.

Aug 8:

00:00 - 06:00hrs, during this period there will be numerous outages
of various lengths impacting significant portions of the York data
network. While this outage will only impact portions of the Keele
Campus network, the entire Glendon campus network will be impacted.
This outage is necessary in order to perform security related
software upgrades to some of the core and building switches.

00:00 - 06:00hrs, during this period there may be several brief
Internet/CA*Net service outages as we prepare to change Internet
bandwidth providers.

Aug 15:

00:00 - 06:00hrs, during this period there will a brief service
outage impacting Keele campus building switches as the software in
the building switches is upgraded to address security issues.
Services in the central machineroom and network core will not be
impacted by this outage.

00:00 - 06:00hrs, during this period there will be several outages
of various lengths to our Internet and CA*Net service as we switch
Internet bandwidth providers.

Aug 22:

00:00 - 06:00hrs, during this period there may be several brief
outages to our Internet/CA*Net service as we prepare to install a
new network security/filtering device.

Aug 29:

00:00 - 06:00hrs, during this period there may be several brief
outages to our Internet/CA*Net service as we install a new network
security/filtering device.

Questions or concerns about this note, should be directed to
CNS Client Services in T107 Steacie.
(voice: 416-736-5800, email: [log in to unmask]).

CNS Announce