From:
Sara Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:11:37 -0500
Good morning,
Does anyone know of any research that shows that the provision of snacks at programs improves a participant's nutritional status or encourages participation?  If the goal is to improve one's nutritional status, are food coupons the way to go?  And does the provision of coupons make any significant difference in addressing food security?
Does providing tolkens address the barrier of transportation for participants?
We're looking at a policy addressing access and equity (snacks and tolkens are  just one small area obviously!) and I just wondered if there was anything concrete on this.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Sara

Sara Farrell, RN, BScN
Public Health Nurse
Toronto Health Connection
416-338-7600
416-338-8529 (private)
**please note email address change**

*please note email address change*
fax: 416-338-8513

BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 X-GWTYPE:USER FN:Farrell, Sara EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:[log in to unmask] X-GWUSERID:sfarrell ADR;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL:;North York LABEL;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Farrell, Sara=0A= North York ORG:;Community & Neighbourhood Services N:Farrell;Sara TEL;WORK:395-7780 TITLE:Intake Nurse END:VCARD