From:
Peter Levesque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:32:28 -0400
Please pardon cross-postings.  Distribution to your networks is
appreciated.

Call for Contributions

Manifestation: Journal of Community Engaged Research and Learning
Partnerships

Volume 1, Number 1, Spring/Summer 2008
Building and Sustaining Community Partnerships

About this Issue
The last decade has seen a substantial increase in the number of
opportunities to engage in collaborative research and implementation
of evidence in community settings.  Indicators of this include the
revitalization of the Science Shop movement in Europe, the growth and
strengthening of the movement towards community-campus partnerships
in health and healthcare, the growth in the funding from government
and private sources for community-based research, service learning,
and participatory research activities, as well as an increase in the
implementation of structural supports on University campuses and the
development of research mandates within community-based organizations.

This surge of activity has led to some very positive outcomes, which
include better ways of coping with issues at the local level and
solving conflicts between competing interests.  However, given the
local nature of much collaborative work, promising practices that
could be models for others are often not easily shared across
environments.  One of the consistent gaps in the literature on
collaborative work is on the theory and practice of building and
sustaining community partnerships.

This issue of Manifestation is a call for contributions on the
theory, practice, art, governance, management, and spirit that
supports strong and resilient community partnerships.  We are not
only seeking “success stories” but also for examples of conflict and
where plans did not quite happen as intended.

Dates
Submission: December 1, 2007
Publication: May 1, 2008

About the Journal
Manifestation (ISSN 1913-651X) is an open-access, electronic, peer-
reviewed journal dedicated to the conversations about how to most
beneficially support and engage in community-based research,
community-campus partnerships, service-learning, action research, and
other inclusive methods and practices that build and empower our
communities.

We accept contributions from a range of sources and in several
formats.  The following are suggestions but the editorial board is
willing to consider other formats as well. Please contact the Editor-
in-Chief to discuss.

At this time, we have editorial capacity in English and limited
editorial capacity in French. (Volunteers are most welcome.) You are
welcome to contribute in either language.

Contribution Formats
Articles: Maximum 5000 words using inclusive language guidelines
below. Vancouver or APA citation styles acceptable. Please include a
250 word abstract in plain language. Use Verdana or similar font, 12
point. Text in Microsoft Word or rich-text format. Photos in JPEG.
Video in MPEG. Other formats, please discuss with Editor-in-Chief.

Audio files with text description: Maximum size 10 MB

Curricula: Discuss formats with Editor-in-Chief

Photos with text description: Maximum size 3 MB

Poems: Maximum 200 lines

Project reviews: Maximum 2000 words.

Reference materials: Discuss formats with Editor-in-Chief

Toolkits: Discuss formats with Editor-in-Chief

Videos files with text description: Maximum size 10 MB

Other formats: Discuss formats with Editor-in-Chief

Inclusive Language: ABCs
In an effort to stimulate conversations, Manifestation has adopted a
contribution format that uses simple questions to prompt further
questions and answers from readers of the journal.  We refer to these
as the ABCs.  While we consider these to be the essential points that
should be included with each contribution, we remain open to
suggestions. Please try to answer all of these questions, including
when contributing poems, photos, video, and other formats.

a) What is your name?
b) Where are you from?
c) How can we contact you?
d) Who did you work with?
e) What did you do?
f) How did you do it?
g) What did you find out?
h) What were the benefits from doing this?
i) What were the problems from doing this?
j) What else needs to be done?
k) What else do you plan to do?
l) What should others do?
m) Why is this important?

Contact Information
Editor-in-Chief: [log in to unmask]

Peter Levesque
1961 Caprihani Way
Ottawa, ON, K4A 4R6
+1 613 841 0858 phone
+1 613 841 1750 fax
www.manifestationjournal.org

Peter Levesque,

Principal, Knowledge Mobilization Works!
http://www.knowledgemobilization.net

Editor, Manifestation: Journal of Community Engaged Research and
Learning Partnerships
http://www.manifestationjournal.org

Publisher, Mental Health Poetry
http://www.mentalhealthpoetry.org