From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:05:56 -0000
I am looking for one or two papers to fill out a Mark Twain session at the
24th annual meeting of the Philological Association of the Carolinas (PAC),
March 16-18, 2000, at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC.  If you are
interested and know you can attend, please send a proposal and brief CV to
me at the addresses below.  Any Twain topic is welcome.  I need these
ASAP--the deadline is this Thursday.  Sorry for the short notice--I thought
I had this arranged.

If we make it, this will be the third Mark Twain session at PAC, organized
over the Mark Twain Forum.  PAC is a good regional conference, and is
especially open to good papers by graduate students.  Since next year's
conference is at my home institution, I can lead attendees on a tour of Rock
Hill's hot spots (the preceding is a joke that will be appreciated by those
who have visited Rock Hill).

John Bird