From:
Jane McCone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane McCone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:46:02 -0400
Elmira in 2005

It is not too early to begin making plans to attend the Elmira 2005
International Conference on the State of Mark Twain Studies!  This
summer the Conference Planning Committee met at Quarry Farm for a long
weekend to work.  The Committee members are Jane McCone, Gretchen
Sharlow, Mark Woodhouse, Michael Kiskis, Charlie Mitchel, Tom Quirk,
Linda Morris, Kerry Driscoll, and Peter Stonely.  We have planned for a
larger number of sessions than previously held at the Elmira conference,
a number of discussion groups, and several special speakers.  Mr. David
Baldacci and Mr. Ron Powers have agreed to come and speak, and we are on
Hal Holbrook's calendar for our Picnic at Quarry Farm.  Several special
tours are being arranged for spouses, guests, or others wishing to go.
Evening events and programs are being prepared.  The Call for Papers is
available on the Elmira College Website (go to Quick Links, then Mark
Twain, then 2005 Conference) or we will mail you copies if you so wish.
Mark your calendars for August 4,5,6, 2005 to be in Elmira, New York.