From:
Marian Yusuf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:46:59 -0400
We are in a process of evaluating a vegetable and fruit promotion
newsletter. I was wondering if any body ever did a similar evaluation or
have any information. Evaluations of other newsletter in health
promotion would be helpful too.
Thanks,
Marian Yusuf
Public Health Nutritionist
Toronto Public Health

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/19/04 04:40pm >>>
AN ENVIRONMENTAL SCAN OF WORKPLACE WELLNESS PROGRAMS IN ALBERTA
The Alberta Centre for Active Living (in collaboration with the
Alberta
Sport, Recreation, Parks & Wildlife Foundation) has just published an
environmental scan of Alberta workplace wellness programs (ones that
include
a physical activity component).

This environmental scan details the kinds of programs in Alberta
workplaces
and includes a centralized listing of current workplace wellness
programs in
Alberta. To download the scan, please visit
www.centre4activeliving.ca/Research/Reports/2004EnviroScan/index.htm.

We welcome reprints of this publication. To reprint all of part of the
environmental scan, please contact Kathy Garnsworthy, Communications
and
Marketing Coordinator, at [log in to unmask]

-------------------------------------

NEWS FROM THE CENTRE

- Check out the Alberta Centre for Active Living's feature article on
the
Canadian Health Network (CHN). "Stepping up your physical activity:
Walking
to improve your health" will appear on the CHN home page
(www.canadian-health-network.ca) July 15-31. This article is full of
practical walking tools and information on getting started, setting
goals,
measuring progress, and overcoming barriers to walking.

--------------------

- Promotion of Healthy Lifestyle Choices for Albertans with Chronic
Mental
Illness
This project's goal was to increase the physical activity levels and
improve
the eating habits of people with chronic mental illness to reduce their
risk
of developing Type 2 diabetes.

The Alberta Centre for Active Living received approval for this
one-year
project from Health Canada, Health Promotions and Programs Branch.

Download the Evaluation Report from
www.centre4activeliving.ca/Education/Resources/Disease.html#DiabetesReport.

------------------

- Centre's web site survey
We'd like to hear your comments about our web site! Please fill in the
centre's web site survey. Simply go to
www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey.zgi?p=HBS398WX61P9 and fill in the
brief
survey there.

-------------------

- Albertans break records for SummerActive 2004
Alberta recorded a record number of 45,000 participants in this
year's
SummerActive campaign, giving our province the top spot in the
national
initiative. A total of 75,000 participants were registered in all of
Canada.

During SummerActive, Albertans participated in the Live Outside the
Box
Challenge Week on May 24-28. This challenge encouraged Albertans to
turn off
their televisions and computers/video games and to get active! The
week
ended with over 37,000 people participating in the Alberta Active
Living
Challenge Day on May 28.

For more information about the SummerActive 2004 campaign, visit
www.summeractive.canoe.ca.

----------------------

- The Alberta Centre for Active Living is supported by the Alberta
Sport,
Recreation, Parks & Wildlife Foundation, Alberta Community Development,
and
the University of Alberta.

Jamie Yakemchuk, BPE, MSc
Education Coordinator
Alberta Centre for Active Living
3rd Floor, 11759 Groat Road
Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6
(780)415-8885
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca

To unsubscribe send one line: unsubscribe click4hp to:
[log in to unmask] . To view archives or modify subscription see:
http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/click4hp.html