From:
Paula Robeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:22:06 -0500
Thank you.

Paula

-----Original Message-----
From: Health Promotion on the Internet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Ariane Bélanger-Gravel
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 10:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CLICK4HP] peer leadership and health promotion among children
and youth

Hi Paula,

Dr James Sallis is doing many researchs on physical activity and youth.
Maybe you can find some informations about programs on physical activity
promotion on his web site at:

http://www.drjamessallis.sdsu.edu/

Ariane Bélanger-Gravel

Groupe de recherche sur les comportements
dans le domaine de la santé
Faculté des sciences infirmières
Pavillon Paul-Comtois, local 4110-H
Université Laval
At 2005-03-08 10:18, you wrote:
>Hello Click4HPers
>

>I am looking for evidence regarding the effectiveness of peer leadership
>programs in health promotion (particularly physical activity and healthy
>weights) among children and youth. I have accessed three reviews on the
>topic:
>

>Cuijpers, P. (2002). Peer-led and adult-led school drug prevention: A
>meta-analytic comparison. Journal of Drug Education, 32, 107-119.
>

>Harden A, Weston R, Oakley A. (1999). A review of the effectiveness and
>appropriateness of peer-delivered health promotion interventions for young
>people. London: University of London, Institute of Education, Social
Science
>Research Unit 1999: 180.
>

>Mellanby, A.R., Rees, J.B., Tripp, J.H. (2000). Peer-led and adult-led
>school health education: A critical review of available comparative
>research. Health Education Research, 15, 533-545.
>

>Does anyone know of other evidence sources?
>

>If anyone is running peer leadership programs, have been evaluated (process
>and outcome)? Can you share your results?
>

>Paula
>
>Paula Robeson RN, MScN
>Knowledge Broker
>Evaluating the Evidence on Knowledge Brokers
>c/o City of Hamilton
>Public Health & Community Services
>2 King Street West, 3rd Floor
>Dundas, ON  L9H 6Z1
>(613) 841-7665
>(613) 834-4901 fax
>

>--

To unsubscribe send one line: unsubscribe click4hp to: [log in to unmask] .
To view archives or modify subscription see:
http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/click4hp.html