From:
tdempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:34:38 -0500
Dear Forum Members:  I just spent a very pleasant couple of hours with Randy Maple and Reb Silay here in Hannibal.  They are from California doing a Twain-blitz across the U.S.A. visiting Hannibal, Hartford, and Elmira.  I left them at the boat after a tour of the slave sites of Hannibal relating to the Clemens family.  We went up to the Old Baptist Cemetery where John Marshall and Henry were originally buried and visited the marked grave of Agness Flautleroy, slave of Sophia Hawkins.   Just a reminder that not only are Forum members welcome in Hannibal, but that I would very much appreciate the chance to meet with you and have some intelligent conversation -- at least your side has to be intelligent, I'm not making any promises.  If you are coming to Hannibal give me an email and we will get together.  By the way, small-town, Midwestern folk mean it when we say things like this!
    Thanks to Jane McCone for putting Randy and Reb together with me.
    Terrell Dempsey