From:
"Sharon K. Goetz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:54:02 -0800
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Johnny Salts wrote:
> When is vol 2 due?

It's often a one-liner when this question comes straight to MTP, too,
despite http://www.marktwainproject.org/about_faq.shtml. I ought to update
that page; late 2013 is likely.

Concerning reader reception, I've observed intermittently on Twitter that
readers and semi-unwilling recipients of gifts have had a mix of positive
and negative responses very similar to what Kevin Mac Donnell outlines. To
be clear, that's from skimming unsolicited public tweets by strangers who
don't know and probably don't care that anyone can set up a persistent
keyword search in a Twitter app and thus retrieve their tweets. In terms
of self-selecting readers--those who write to MTP directly--many more have
expressed pleasure, even approval, than disappointment; I think this means
mostly that the real haters don't know MTP exists. A few readers have
written generously to thank us for supplying the textual apparatus online
<http://www.marktwainproject.org/xtf/view?docId=works/MTDP10362.xml;chunk.id=ts0001;toc.depth=1;toc.id=;style=work;brand=mtp#X>.
And by far the commonest response we've received directly is, "When will
volumes 2 and 3 be published?"

Best,
Sharon

--
Digital Publications Manager, Mark Twain Papers & Project
http://www.marktwainproject.org/ http://bancroft.berkeley.edu/MTP/