From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 16:07:08 -0500
Anne Cogdon wrote:

> Dear Click4HP colleagues,
> I am putting a general call out to you for assistance.
>
> We have been creating and collecting materials in several areas
>  but help with the following training needs would be most welcome:
>
>   - participatory action research

Dear Anne:

You may want to look at obtaining: Study of Participatory Research in
Health Promotion: review and recommendations for the development of
Participatory research in Health Pormotion on Canada.

It was produced by the Institue for Health Promotion research at the
U of BC and the BC Consortium for HP Research for the Royla Society
of Canada.

I think there's a cost though.  The RSC telephone in Ottawa is
613.991.6990.  Good luck.  There are also a number of really good
participatory research how-to resources that came out of the Women's
Research Centre in BC. Sorry, I can't find their # right now though.

You also asked for info on "applying the stages of change theory
to program planning".  May I suggest you Email Diana Smith (she is
a consultant in Ottawa that has change management experience).
She may be able to help you out with some resources.  Her
Email is [log in to unmask]

Good luck.

JM Dupont

***
Jean-Marc Dupont
Principle Consultant - Community Systems Associates
National Contact - Canadian Healthy Communities Network
Facilitator - act.kids.ca  (Web Networks Public Newsgroup)

119 York Street, 3rd Floor
Ottawa, ON K1N 5T4 Canada
Tel:  +613.241.8755
Fax:  + 613 241.8846