From:
Robb Travers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:17:24 -0500
Thank you for posting the guidelines Alison -- I'm wondering why people
would leave a list simply because of debate?  disagreement can only further
our understanding of these complex matters we call 'health' -- indeed,
health is political.... very political.  why wouldn't it in itself spur
debate?  the beauty of these listserves is that they allow debate to
occur -- without censorship, bias, and control by a few.  let the debates
rage on -- it'll be good for our health collectively and for the dynamic and
fluid growth of this listserve.

Robb Travers, Ph.D (c)
Research Associate,
HIV/AIDS Social Research Group
KTH 208, McMaster University,
Hamilton, ON
905 977-7622

Research Affiliate,
HIV Social, Behavioural & Epidemiological Studies Unit,
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto,
Toronto, ON