From:
Judy Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:37:07 -0700
ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING
DECEMBER 2005 ISSUE OF RESEARCH UPDATE

1. What's in this issue?

2. News from the Alberta Centre for Active Living

------------------------------

1. WHAT'S IN THIS ISSUE?

Centre article:
"Highlights of the 2005 Physical Activity Survey: Understanding the Role of
Determinants in Physical Activity Behaviour," by Tanya R. Berry, PhD,
Alberta Centre for Active Living.
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/research.html

Dietitians of Canada article:
"Communicating Health Messages," by the ALPINE project authorship team.
(Results of an evaluation of health-promotion information sent out through
all Alberta newspapers.)
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/research.html

To reprint either of these articles, please contact Kathy Garnsworthy at

--------------------------------------

2. NEWS FROM THE ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING

a. Canadian Health Network (CHN)
The centre is the Active Living Affiliate for the Canadian Health Network.

- Myths and Facts about Health
CHN has launched a web page with CHN's top 10 health myths and a myth-buster
quiz to help families sort out fact from fiction. You might be particularly
interested in myth number 10: "I'm too busy with work all day and with the
duties I have at home to find time to be physically active."
www.canadian-health-network.ca/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=CHN-RCS/Page/S
hellCHNResourcePageTemplate&c=Page&cid=1132540867132&lang=En

- Healthy Lunches to Go Tour
CHN has launched an online Healthy Lunches to Go Tour to show families how
easy it can be to pack healthy, delicious lunches. The tour includes a
healthy lunch checklist, nutrition information, how to read food labels,
tips, and links to resources from the Dietitians of Canada.
www.canadian-health-network.ca/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=CHN-RCS/Page/S
hellCHNResourcePageTemplate&c=Page&cid=1127088710514&lang=En

b. Public Health/Health Promotion Effective Action Survey
The Public Health Agency of Canada, Alberta Health and Wellness, the Alberta
Public Health Association, and the Alberta Healthy Living Network have
joined together to plan learning opportunities to be offered across Alberta.
An online survey will record your feedback on planning  learning
opportunities in public health and health promotion. Responses are anonymous
and information gathered will only be used for planning purposes. Please
complete the survey by December 15, 2005.
www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=252541279687

If you have received this message more than once, we apologise. We try to
distribute our information as widely as possible. As we send out through a
variety of distribution networks, some of you may receive this message more
than once. If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please
contact Margaret Burns at [log in to unmask]