From:
Chris Preece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:31:38 -0500
The organization in the US is different as I had been pursuing the
development of a certified health promoter program in Canada. As part of
my Masters studies, I did an online survey to determine a need for this
in Canada. I did talk to Linda Lysoby from NCHEC and it is a Certified
Health Education Progfram which is somewhat different than Health
Promotion. There was some discrepancy as to what health promotion should
include as compared to health education. Notwithstanding the
competencies could be used within health promotion but added to. I did
at one time have a committee working online towards and did have a few
conference calls but disbanded due to my Masters studies. If there is a
present committee working on it, I am very interested in assisting.

Thanks

Christine Preece, B.A., M.H.S.

Christine Preece, B.A., M.H.S.
Health Promotion Officer
Community Health Services Department
County of Lambton
150 N. Christina St., 2nd Floor
Sarnia, ON
N7T 8H3
519-344-2062 ext. 2119
519-344-2025
www.lambtonhealth.on.ca <http://www.lambtonhealth.on.ca/>

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no
path and leave a trail."

DISCLAIMER:

If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure or other action taken in reliance on its contents is strictly prohibited.
Please delete the information from your system and notify the sender immediately. If you
receive this email in error contact the County of Lambton at 519 845 0801 extension 405 or
email [log in to unmask]