From:
Cari Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 07:54:37 -0300
Dear friends and colleagues -

Each spring, Horizons Community Development Associates Inc. issues a
physical activity challenge to help encourage people to be active and fit.
As in past years, we would like to extend the invitation to health promotion
staff, volunteers, and their families to participate in the challenge!

The challenge is to be physically active for at least 30 minutes, five times
per week, for a six week period (beginning April 17th and ending May 28th).

To participate in the challenge:

1.	Check out the details at http://www.horizonscda.ca/events.html or
contact Horizons at (902) 542-0156 or [log in to unmask]

2.	Create a team.  Your team can be made up of the members of your
household, friends, or colleagues - anyone who wants to "Spring into
Action"!

3.	Register your team.  Contact Horizons by Friday April 14th  to
register your team at [log in to unmask]

4.	Get active!  Participate in physical activity for at least 30
minutes, five times per week, for a six week period.

5.	Document your activities.  Keep track of your activities using the
tracking sheet on the website.  Every Friday, hand in your tracking sheets
to your team captain.  The team captain will tally up the tracking sheets
and send the results to Horizons.

Prizes!

Every week we will have a prize draw for eligible participants who were
active for at least five days that week.  The more people we have
participating, the more prizes we will draw for each week.  If you would
like to contribute a prize for the draw, please contact Horizons.  The grand
individual prize will be for $100.00 to be used toward anything that
supports physical activity (e.g., new shoes, family swim passes, new bike
tires, etc.).  To be eligible for the grand prize, you must be active a
least five times per week for EACH of the six weeks of the challenge. Teams
whose participants meet the challenge each week are also eligible for a
grand team prize.

We're looking forward to wide participation from our health promotion
colleagues!

Horizons Community Development Associates Inc.

P O Box 2404

Wolfville

Nova Scotia

B4P 2S3

Tel:       (902) 542-0156               Email:   [log in to unmask]

Fax:      (902) 542-4765               Web:    www.horizonscda.ca
<http://www.horizonscda.ca/>

Cari Patterson, Director

Horizons Community Development Associates Inc.

P.O. Box 2404 Wolfville NS, B4P 2S3

Phone: (902) 582-7940 Fax: (902) 582-1423

E-mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] Web:
<http://www.horizonscda.ca> www.horizonscda.ca