SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Artyom Gil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 21:12:43 +0400
 Dear Irena

BMJ News has a little artickle which says that that
only 6% of drugs advertising materials sent to GPs in Germany is supported
by evidence.  This shows that active marketing of drugs by pharmaceutical
companies and other new expecive medical technologies to doctors as
well as inability of doctors to select or critically assess scientific
literature may be one of the reasons that their everyday practices are not
evidence based. Just type 6% in the search directory of BMJ (www.bmj.com)
and the first reference will be this artickle. Hope this pease of
information
is relevant to your topic and will be of help.

Artyom Gill, MD, MPH
National Research Institute of Public Health, Moscow

THE