From:
"Barile, Mary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:46:01 -0600
Hannibal is always worth visitng. It's a tough call to balance tourism and
history and shrine, but I don't see any decline in the attendance numbers at
Cooperstown, nor do I see people avoiding the place because of wax museums
and bat stores..  I've visited Hannibal dozens of times, taking friends,
scholars and young readers on tours from the river  to the museums to the
cemetery, and all I've heard is "Wow." Perhaps my friends are undemanding --
but I prefer to think that Hannibal shines regardless of any clutter.
"Fluff" is relative:  I'd like a definition of fluff, please.

mary barile
columbai, MO