From:
Health Promotion Clearinghouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:16:16 -0300
Hi Madeline,

Are you referring to the "push-pull capacity model" presented by Orleans, Gruman and Anderson (1999)? If so, there are several documents that I have found related to that. A search of the model itself and/or authors leads to many other references. I hope this will be helpful.

http://www1.od.nih.gov/behaviorchange/workgroups/Reach/proposal.pdf#search=%22%22health%20promotion%22%20%22push%20and%20pull%22%22

http://publichealth.jbpub.com/catalog/0763747769/table_of_contents.htm

I also believe the relevance of push-pull strategies is mentioned in:

Douglas R (1998) A Framework for Healthy Alliances. In, A. Scriven, Alliances in Health Promotion. Theory and Practice. Basingstoke, Macmillan.

Best wishes,

Caroline Ploem
Coordinator
Health Promotion Clearinghouse
Suite 209, City Centre Atlantic
1535 Dresden Row
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3T1
Toll Free: 1-877-890-5094
Tel: (902) 494-1917
Fax: 1-902-494-3594
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.hpclearinghouse.ca

The HPC is currently conducting a membership drive. If you support our mission, please take a moment to consider joining our growing community. Becoming a member is free and takes only a few minutes. Visit http://www.hpclearinghouse.ca/pdf/Membership.doc for more information.