From:
Cari Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:19:31 -0400
** Please circulate widely **

Hello friends and colleagues,

We are very pleased by the response to our upcoming conference, What's
Working in Community Development, and we look forward to welcoming you to
this special gathering.  As you know, the conference is scheduled for June
23rd - 25th, 2008, at Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada.

The pre-conference announcement can be downloaded from:
http://www.horizonscda.ca/PDF%20Files/PreConfLo.pdf

Remember if you are submitting an abstract or presentation outline, we must
receive it by December 31st, 2007.  The call for abstracts/presentations can
be downloaded from: http://www.horizonscda.ca/PDF%20Files/AbstractsLo.pdf

Due to popular demand, we have decided to open our on-line registration
system now, instead of in February, as originally planned (the final
conference program will be available in early February, after the abstracts
have all been reviewed).  The conference can accommodate 300 participants.
100 spaces are delegated for participants from Atlantic Canada,100 for
participants from other parts of North America, and 100 from the other six
UN regions in the world (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East,
Oceania). Spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and
then people will be placed on a waiting list in case quotas from other
regions are not filled.

Here's how the registration system works:

*        Follow this link to get started: http://www.horizonscda.ca/upcoming

*        Look for the Conference Registration heading, and follow the
instructions once you're there.

Looking forward to seeing you!

The Horizons Team

P.O. Box 2404 Wolfville NS, B4P 2S3

Phone: (902) 542-0156 Fax: (902) 542-4765

E-mail: [log in to unmask] Web:  <http://www.horizonscda.ca>
www.horizonscda.ca

If you do not wish to receive further information from Horizons, please