From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 13:17:23 -0400
Hello,

I've had a request for program examples and contacts for injury prevention
programs with youth, especially those that have a focus on seatbelt
utilization and are peer-to-peer, and may have a school setting.

A literature search has been done, however the published literature often
neglects what is happening in the field by people who haven't been focused
on publishing.
Doing various internet searches has given me hints of what might be out
there - safe communities initiatives, the HEROES program, injury prevention
programs in health units (?with youth? in schools? - not specified on health
unit webpages!), PARTY program, and teen driver safety programs.

Hearing from you about programs that have been done in the past and those
that are underway, programs that worked and ones that did not (and why),
would be very valuable. This listserv has been a generous source of shared
experience and knowledge. I look forward to seeing your responses!

sincerely,

Alison

Alison Stirling, health promotion consultant
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC)
Suite 1900, 180 Dundas St. W. Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Tel. 416-408-2249 or 1-800-263-2846 x226
Fax. 416-408-2122  Email: [log in to unmask]
Internet: http://www.opc.on.ca