From:
David Mercer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 08:51:42 -0300
The Nova Scotia Provincial Health Council is engaged in research to develop indicators for the determinants of health. I am currently working on "Social Environments", and have found some interesting information. Might I suggest, if you haven't already done so, take a look at the Personal Security Index from the Canadian Council on Social Development. It is a three-tiered survey indicating measures and perceptions of personal security, which I am interested in from the perspective of examining community cohesion. It's not enough by itself, but it is interesting supplemental material.
www.ccsd.ca

Best of luck, and don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

David F. Mercer
Researcher/Analyst
Nova Scotia Provincial Health Council
1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 301
Halifax, NS B3J 3P7
Phone: (902) 424-0183

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/20/03 11:43PM >>>
We are currently engaged in finding out who are community is and what
their felt needs are.  We want to conduct a survey including questions
on social capital, demographics, transport, health, wellbeing and other
issues relevant to the social determinants of health.  Any examples of
similar surveys or reference to same would be appreciated.

Felicity Johnstone

Project Worker

Whitehorse Community Health Service

65 Carrington Rd, Box Hill