SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Marlene Rivier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marlene Rivier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:46:02 -0500
Thank you for posting this, Dennis!  As a health professional I was
exceedingly proud of the compassion and understandingly displayed my sisters
and brothers on that convention floor as I sat among them!  It is a reminder
to me that it is only through broad coalitions of like minded individuals
and organizations that we will be able to push back against the Neo-Liberal
agenda.  I am taking the step of running in the federal election as a New
Democrat in Ottawa West-Nepean and I urge all members of the Listserv
whatever their political persuasion to pose the important questions to the
candidates and not to accept facile answers!  If nothing else it is an
opportunity to educate those members of the public who still pay attention
to the political process!
Marlene Rivier