SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:28:39 -0500

Save Public Medicare! Information
 Upcoming Health Restructuring and the LHINs:
 What does it mean for Toronto?

Town Hall Meeting

Speakers:Natalie Mehra, Director, Ontario Health Coalition;Joe Mihevc, City
Councillor;
Bob Gardner, Director of Public Policy, Wellesley Hospital;Terry Downey,
Executive Vice-President, Ontario Federation of Labour;
Pat Armstrong, York University Centre of Excellence in Women’s Health
Thursday February 23rd, 5:30 pm
Northern District Library, Room 200, 40 Orchard View Blvd (west off of
Yonge, one block north of Eglinton)

The McGuinty government’s proposed Bill 36 ushers in a new period of major
restructuring in health care. The Bill will give the government the power
to merge, transfer funding, contract out and reorganize health care
services.
Come to a meeting of health care professionals, caregivers, support
workers, patients and community members to:
1)    Share our thoughts and ideas on the LHINs legislation.
2) Discuss what health restructuring would look like in our communities.
3) Plan how we can have an impact on the legislation and restructuring.

for more information phone 416-441-2502 see www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca
sponsored by the Toronto Health Coalition & the Ontario Health Coalition