SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 07:52:34 -0500
Seasonal greetings from The Policy Press!

This year, we are using e-cards to send our best wishes for the holiday
season and to support Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity in the
UK making a positive difference to the lives of homeless and badly housed
people. We would like to thank you for all your support this year and look
forward to a peaceful and successful 2007. Please download your greetings
card here:
http://www.shelterecards.org.uk/view.php?ecard=074d38fcb24af6c902b1213e73e1ab1e

Our support for Shelter has lead us to focus on poverty this month. There
has been much talk of this area in the news recently, and so we are
offering a 20% discount on selected poverty titles. These include the
award-winning, 'On the margins of inclusion' by David M. Smith and the
best-selling 'A more equal society', edited by John Hills and Kitty
Stewart. All titles featured can be found at
https://www.policypress.org.uk/page.php?name=specialoffers

We are also offering a FREE pre-publication extract from Paul Spicker's
forthcoming book The idea of poverty, published in January, which explores
different understandings of poverty, from material deprivation to social
exclusion. Please click on the following link to download it
https://www.policypress.org.uk/images/upload/pages/Free%20pre-publication%20extract.pdf

This month we are publishing Health inequalities and welfare resources,
edited by Johan Fritzell and Olle Lundberg and part of our Health and
society series. This book presents new empirical evidence of the effects of

Swedish welfare state structures and policies on the lives of Swedish
citizens, which has wide implications for health research and policy beyond

Scandinavian borders. Read sample chapters in our reading room
https://www.policypress.org.uk/general/reading_room.php.

We hope you enjoy the festive holiday and wish you a very Happy New Year.
We have some fantastic titles coming out in 2007 and I look forward to
letting you know about them next year.

Best wishes,

Jessica

If you no longer wish to receive e-updates from The Policy Press, please
email [log in to unmask] with a subject of "UNSUBSCRIBE" and we'll

remove you from the mailing list as quickly as possible. You can also
unsubscribe at
https://www.policypress.org.uk/forms/mailing_list_form.php