SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Enrique Cardiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:54:52 -0700
Living in the US - I have to say that it is not as amusing as it is useful. Especially for those who are scared by some of the changes necessary to improve health.

There are parts that I'm not necessarily enthusiastic about. I prefer to worry about them working. They seem to do OK. I even use one of their suggested quotes in my signature.

Just dealing with people around sector planning is tough enough. And then so many of our health advocates here only focus on medical service access. They get upset that I would propose eliminating poverty as equal to or more important than access. And I rarely get to discuss the electoral issues that would need to change for any real quality change in health outcomes.

And I don't belong to either of the two parties in power. Which just adds a whole extra level of frustration.

Enrique Cardiel
Urban Health Extension Coordinator
505-925-7393
It's time we made it possible for all Americans to afford to see a doctor,
but it's also time we made it less likely that they need to!