Sender:
From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:29:39 -0600
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GO TO HANNIBAL...

without going to the museum near Florida. They have his coach (which ought
to be sitting in the carriage house at Hartford), and a lot of furniture
(that was also in the Hartford home). And they have the birthplace cabin,
and one of two ms of TS, and no banjo music. And do take time to drive to
the "main intersection" of the original town of Florida. It's a good place
to be FROM. If I recall correctly, it has two churches, three occupied
homes, and claims to have the smallest population of any town in America.
Somebody told me it grew from 3 to 4 last year. This may have evened out the
local congregation, assuming two were ministers.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive