Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:03:38 -0500
From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Wesley's post reminded me of something from the book I am teaching right now
-- Ender's Game, which has quickly become somewhat of a cult classic for
many of today's (mostly male) undergraduate SF fans.

(It also goes very nicely with our current adventures in Iraq!)

I noticed this time through that during Ender's 3 month sabbatical leave on
Earth, his greatest joy is lazily drifting in the lake on a raft that he
built with his own hands.

Don't know if anyone has ever noticed other Ender-Huck connections;  but
certainly the theme of Ender having his childhood robbed by adults has much
general connections as well.

Harold K. Bush, Jr.
Dept. of English, Saint Louis University