Sender:
From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:13:50 -0500
That house was torn down in 1954 to make room for an apartment building. I
thought somebody should mention this before some poor soul made the
pilgrimage and stood gawking at some 50s rent-orama.

I don't know if the apartment Robert Collier found for Twain still
exists --I think it was Collier; was it Frank Doubleday? Anyway, that's the
one Twain mistakenly moved into before Collier had actually formalized a
lease. Collier one day got a frantic call from the landlord informing him
that Twain had simply moved in.

Kevin Mac Donnell
Austin TX