Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2019 17:38:55 -0400
From:
John Davis <[log in to unmask]>
I first met Henry at my first Elmira State of MT Studies Conference (2005),
in fact sat with him and the then current "Tom and Becky" at the picnic and
have renewed that acquaintance over the years, including the first two
Clemens Conferences, as I will at the upcoming third.  As someone else has
noted, his surname is appropriate.  I have not met any nicer person than
Henry Sweets.  During the Hannibal meetings, he was with us for breakfast
at H-L University to greet, eat, and chat with us and available throughout
the conference with smiles and helpfulness.  Like others, I am appreciative
to him for establishing the Clemens Conference.  The second was much larger
than the first, and I assume the one this summer will continue positively.

So, with many others, I say, "Thank you, Henry, for your years of
dedication and work on behalf of Mark Twain studies."  I will thank you in
person in July.