From:
Dennis Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 11:10:01 -0500
I read the references to what easterners know about fences and the concerns
about height and size and then looked out my own window. Three very
different
fence styles surround our overgrown back yard--simple chain link across the
back, lichened and leaning weathered 4' vertical boards to the east, and 6'
vertical planks topped by a @2"x6" rail to the west.

In other words, I have a whitewashable fence with vertical planks WITH a
horizontal topmost board.  Could Tom have had something similar?

Dennis Kelly