From:
Terrell Dempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:30:23 -0600
Forum Friends:
    The History of Marion County 1884 is available!
    The Marion County Historical Society has reprinted the book with the
valuable index written by Roberta and Hurley Hagood.  This title has been
out of print for several years.  It is a 6 x 9-inch hard cover and contains
1096 pages of county history.  It is a must for anyone seriously interested
in Sam Clemens's early years. Sam himself owned a copy!
    The book sells for $70 plus $5 shipping.  To order your copy, send your
check with your name, address, and telephone number to:

         Marion County Historical Society
         Box #1161
         Hannibal, Missouri 63401-1161

This book is a must for the serious Mark Twain/Sam Clemens scholar.  Please
get one for your personal library and check to see that your local and
school library have copies.  Vicki and I picked up our copy Friday and are
quite pleased with it.    Terrell Dempsey