From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2023 11:26:44 -0800
As I've been recently inspired by Matt Seybold's article on Twain and
Douglass, I've been researching Twain's return to the Mississippi River,
and interestingly enough I just received this notice that some of you
might be interested in from the Library of America:

Frederick Douglass:
Prophet of Freedom

Frederick Douglass’s first recorded speech, “I Have Come to Tell You
Something About Slavery,” inaugurated a five-decade career as the fiery,
eloquent champion of abolition and emancipation, equal rights and human
dignity. Join David Blight, Douglass’s Pulitzer Prize–winning biographer
and editor of a revelatory new LOA collection, for an exploration of the
genius of an extraordinary man who escaped slavery to become one of the
greatest orators and writers in American history.

*Wednesday, February 15
6:00–7:00 PM ET*

Click here to RSVP <https://email.loa.org/t/i-l-qhyiudl-ihkidylyd-y/>
/https://rebrand.ly/douglass/

/This online event is free, but you must preregister to attend. /

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/