Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2023 16:26:34 +0000
I have only two printed items that shed light on her activities, both of
which are also probably found in her NYPL archive:

1. 4pp leaflet announcing the winners of the first Mark Twain Best Quote
contest for 1935 and soliciting entries for 1936. The judges include
Clara Clemens, Cyril Clemens, Stephen Leacock, and William Lyon Phelps,
among others, so I assume her NYPL papers will yield some interesting
correspondence.

2. 4pp leaflet founding the MT Assoc. in 1941 at the home of George Ade,
with a "statement of purpose."

I will check my ms archives (mostly correspondence files) of  George
Hiram Brownell (his MTA files) , Edward Earl Moore, Clara Clemens, and
some early Twain collectors, and see if her name pops up. Brownell (d
1950) ran the MTA from 1942 to 1949 when it was absorbed into the the MT
Research Foundation (aka Chester Davis). Earl Moore was a founding
member of the MTA, along with Judd, Ade, et al. I assume most of what I
have will be duplicated in Judd's 2.2 linear feet of papers at NYPL, so
I'll look for things not likely kept or seen by her.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive