From:
Ed DeJean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 17:00:27 -0500
Joe Twichell - There is a play listed under the title of "Sam and Joe"
at the following url: (If you can plow through the author's
introductory verbage you eventually come to the play.)

    http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/forum/twainweb.html

Information needed - There is a story told by MT about a man who owned
a very small boat but who held an inflated opinion of himself and the
boat. He hailed a three masted ship which I believe was called the
Barque of Bengal (is that correct) and requested a response of port
and destination of the ship. I think the reply included the words,
"Three days (or weeks?) out of Ceylon." My question, where would I
find this story in its entirety? Thanks, Ed DeJean.