Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 19:12:21 EDT
I have been reading the opinions of the members of this list with great
interest and appreciate the insight given by the many experts on this list.
I just read the review of the collection of essays on teaching Huck in the
high school classroom and have been following closely the many comments
about
using Huck and now wish to enter the arena.
I am an English III AP instructor in high school who has been using The
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for several years. My class emphasis American
Literature and I cannot see having such a class with Mr. Twain.
Does the list think there is a more appropriate Twain novel that I should
use
in a class that is trying to prepare young minds for the wonderful world of
college?

Thanks for your suggestions,
John Meriwether
Ball High School