From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:05:28 -0500
Lloyd J Grant wrote:

> The public library here in Lakeland, Fl. is essentially supported by public
> donations and leaves a lot to be desired in terms of selection ( ie. there
> are less than ten books on the shelves with Mark Twains name on them).  The
> saving grace is that there is an inter-library loan system in place;  it is
> cumbersome, but works well if one has the patience to employ it.  I am
> currently awaiting the arrival of " Letters From The Earth".  I have not
> looked in the reference section to see if Mr. Rasmussens' tome is on hand.
> I guarantee that it will be on my "shopping list" on my next visit.

        I often forget the public library since I buy so many books.  If you do
buy books, the Rasmussen has been available for some time from Hamilton
Books at a very reasonable price.  (There is a web site, probably,
Hamilton Books.com, but you have to order by mail.)  You'll love this
one for the tons of information in a single place, and there are
synopses of every one of Twain's books, chapter-by-chapter which are
very useful in looking up things misplaced by a fuzzy memory.

David
***