From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:14:05 -0400
I'll echo Terrell's excitement about the Mark Twain conference in Elmira.
It's always an incredible conference, with first-rate papers, first-rate
activities, and especially first-rate people.

So here's an invitation to join the second annual Octagonal Study Cigar
Smokeout, in which we stand on the site of the original study, roughly in
the form of an octagon, and smoke his favorite noxious weed.  No doubt this
will take place on Saturday night, although can't tell yet whether it will
be accompanied by a fantastic lightning storm, as it was in 1997.  BYOC!
(and here's hoping we have both genders represented this time...)