Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:20:34 -0400
From what I understand, the last half of his
book, "Life on the Missippi" was based on the
Chemung river there.

I think for the most part the reason that he did
not write about the Elmira area, was that he was
always in the middle of another book he was writing
when they visited the In-Laws.

Jules

Quoting Duane Campbell <[log in to unmask]>:

> I got this query from a friend. I can't think of any
books or short
> stories off hand. Just letters. Any help? And since
Elmira was so
> important in his life, any ideas why not?

who have written
> books set somewhere in NYS. He asked me if Twain set
any of his stuff in
> Elmira... (or other NYS locations). Are you aware of
any? Not my area of