From:
Errol Craig Sull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:54:30 EST
Dennis ...

For what it's worth, I fully agree with your wife.  About 5-6 years ago I
did
a workshop on what I called "The Hemidemisemiquavers of Image in H.F.:  From
Food to Fights to Fancy."  And I also agree with you:  in teaching the novel
more than a hundred times, I never cease to marvel at the various layers of
messages Twain gives us in such "throwaways" as food, fights, words,
critters, arrangements of people, scenery description, and Huck's thoughts.
Hemingway was definitely right!

Errol Craig Sull