From:
Tom Muzzio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:45:25 -0800
Hi, Dennis and Jane.... Greetings from Virginia City

There were two Opera houses in VC (both burned). The present one on B Street
was built after the big fire in 1875. John Piper built it and his Victorian
house behind and up on A street. I owned the house for several years in the
1980's. Believe me, I got the idea what it was like to live in a Victorian
with no heat at 6200 feet! COLD.

In the past few years (with some federal and state grant funding) there has
been a great deal of restoration...(on the opera house), and the place looks
great!

My old place looks great too! New paint job. John Piper would be proud!
(cold but proud) haha

All the best from VC!

Tom Muzzio
Territorial Enterprise Foundation