From:
"Wortham, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:12:51 -0700
Just as Howells took care to put Clemens' letters away for safe keeping, I'm
happy to drag Barry Crimmins' response to Mr. Campbell over to my save file.
Thanks, Barry. And those of you who have not yet read the text of Patriot
Act II probably should take a look at it.  I know Howells would have been
stripped of his citizenship (perhaps even executed) had this proposal been
law in the 1880s; and I suppose Clemens as well.
Tom Wortham