From:
Errol Craig Sull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 06:58:07 -0500
Fellow Twainiacs ...

I had written you previously regarding the 10th Annual Mark Twain Birthday
Party and Symposium, an event  I started 10 years ago; and this year will be
"the best" for a variety of reasons;  thought some of you might enjoy
attending!

(It is being held on November 13th, Historical Society, Buffalo, NY, Elmwood
Avenue, 7:30 (tickets:  $20, students $10; contact me at 716-871-1900 or
716-876-6291 for reservations)

Consider:

++ Mike Randall, considered one of the top Twain impersonators in the
country, will be performing

++ Sally Fiedler, wife of the late Leslie Fiedler, will be reading his
controversial essay, "C'mon Back to the Raft Agin', Huck Honey"

++ Professor Vic Doyno, considered one of the top Huck Finn scholars in the
world, will be retiring from UB at the end of this semester;  he will be
doing a reading / talk from the "lost" manuscript of the novel

++ Maggie Vaughn, poet laureate of Tennessee, will be reading from a
humorous book of poetry she wrote for Twain

++ Bill Loos, retired curator of rare books at the Buffalo / Erie County
Public Library and the man solely responsible for keeping the "lost" H.F.
manuscript at the library, will be doing a presentation on how it was saved

++ Clyde Haupt, professor of English at ECC and a national expert of Twain
and the media, will be doing a presentation on the same.

There will also be a humungous birthday cake!

This event is the only one of its kind in the U.S. and has received
extensive national praise and coverage since it began.  I think you would
truly enjoy it!

Errol

(Errol Craig Sull
Founder / Coordinator