From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:24:23 -0500
Folks;

Query from a colleague who is putting together a conference on the
development of self-regulation and autonomy.

For the conference poster, he would like to use imagery that captures the
"river life" of St. Louis and some elements of the conference theme.  One
possibility is a picture on the cover of Bantam Classic's Adventures of
Huckleberry Finn.  The "catch" is that the cover art is incorrectly credited
in the book to Winslow Homer.

I have not been able to track down the real artist.  So, I am wondering two
things:

1.  Does anyone, by chance, know the correct artist of the book cover? (It
is a pretty well-known image of Huck and Jim on a large raft in the river;
sort of orange in tone)  or; how I might determine that?
2.  Does anyone have any (other) suggestions of artwork that might capture
the "river life" and Huck Finn imagery that the book cover does?

thanks,

Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Saint Louis University
St. Louis, MO  63108