From:
Sean Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2014 15:34:05 -0800
Dar Hal:

Condolences.  I was very curious about this odd idea that Oxford wrote
Shakespeare and did some reading into this area at one point.   The thing
that really made me laugh – literally – was reading some of the poetry
attributed to the Earl of Oxford (you can find this on the pro-Oxford sites
so they don't deny the earl wrote it).  Part way through the third poem I
could not stop laughing.  People think this amateur wrote the works of
Shakespeare?  Of course the Oxford supporters will claim the earl wrote that
mediocre poetry so no one would guess he was the genius behind the poetry of
Shakespeare – because no self-respecting aristocrat would like to be known
as a literary genius.  They’d much rather be known as a barely competent
dabbler.

Best,

Sean Russell