From:
Horn Jason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:30:46 -0500
Refreshing note, here.

     I was wondering.  America does not seem to elevate its literary
giants to a national status, when it comes to birthdays.  If it did,
Twain should surely be recognized--and perhaps Emerson.  Both define
much of the American character.

      I wonder if other countries celebrate the birthdays of cherished
authors: Dickens in England comes to mind.

        But I am all for pushing for a national day of celebration for
Twain. I think I might celebrate with a few dozen games of pool, a
couple cigars, and a hot toddy.  Beats working!

---Jason