CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Rob Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:30:01 -0400
Subject:        Computer Virus

I regret that I may have passed to you a computer virus called
"bugbear". To check for this and
to remedy it is easy. The virus is called jdbgmgr.exe is not detected by
Norton or McAfee
anti-virus systems. The virus sits dormant for 14 days before damaging
the systems. It's sent
automatically by messenger and by the address book whether or not you
sent e-mails to your
contacts.

I found it on my hard-drive, and checked a "Virus Hoax" site to see that
it wasn't bogus.

Here is how to check for the virus and to get rid of it.

Go to Start, click on Find or Search option.
In the Files/Folders option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe
Be sure to search your C:\ drive and any others you use
Click on "Find Now"
The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
DO NOT OPEN IT
Go to the file and select  "delete". It will then go to the recycle bin.
Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well.

If you find this virus you must contact all the people in your address
book so they can also
eradicate it in their address books.