From:
jacquie britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 11:29:56 PDT
This shows just how little we have grown since cave man days.  Did we not
look down on book burning and such during WWII?  Is not censorship in any
context a fling back to the days of the Spanish Inquisition?  I am appalled
at this use of an obvious "book burning" by a supposedly "wise" school
board.  In this age of Political Correctness, we are depriving our children
of an adequate education.  I have read and will continue to read to my grand
children the finer classics whether they be PC or not.  The parents should
remember this at the next school board elections.

Jacquie Britton