YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
CNS Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 17:19:26 -0400
This is the current schedule for network service outages this summer.
If there are any changes, we will keep the community advised.

May 23 00:00hrs - 02:00hrs
In order to replace some problematic hardware, there will
be a network service outage impacting the following subnets:
130.63.10.0
130.63.41.0
130.63.42.0
130.63.44.0
130.63.46.0
130.63.48.0
130.63.77.0  - This is used by parts of YorkNet
130.63.91.0
130.63.124.0
130.63.128.0
130.63.130.0
130.63.134.0
130.63.154.0
130.63.158.0
130.63.162.0
130.63.164.0
130.63.186.0  - This is used by parts of the modem pool
130.63.221.0
130.63.231.0
130.63.239.0
130.63.243.0

May 30 00:00hrs - 03:00hrs
In order to prepare for changes to our Internet access, there will be a
network outage impacting Internet/CA*Net services.

June 6 00:00hrs - 03:00hrs
In order to prepare for changes to our Internet access, there will be a
network outage impacting Internet/CA*Net services.

June 13 00:00hrs - 02:00hrs
Changes in the border network design will result in a Internet/CA*Net
service outage.

June 20 00:00hrs - 06:00hrs
In order to perform hardware and software upgrades, there will be a
network service outage impacting the following areas:
Keele Campus Residence Buildings & associated subnets
Central Square & associated subnets
Farquharson & associated subnets
Fine Arts & associated subnets
SSB & associated subnets
Scott Library & associated subnets
Winters College & associated subnets

During this period there will also be intermittent DNS & DHCP
service outages.  Users who have properly configured their DNS
settings should not be impacted by the DNS or DHCP service outages.

June 27 00:00hrs - 06:00hrs
In order to perform hardware and software upgrades, there will be a
network service outage impacting the following campus areas:
Keele Campus Residence & associated subnets

July 11 00:00hrs - 06:00hrs
In order to perform hardware and software upgrades, there will be a
network service outage impacting the entire York data network.
During this period we will be installing a new (and significantly
faster) core switch.

July 18 00:00hrs - 06:00hrs
In order to perform hardware and software upgrades, there will be a
network service outages impacting the entire York data network.
During this period we will be completing the core re-organization
begun the weekend before, we will also be upgrading the software in
most of the campus building switches.

July 25 00:00hrs - 06:00hrs
In order to prepare for the coming academic year, there will be
network service outages impacting the following areas:
Keele Campus Residence Buildings
Glendon Campus Residence Buildings

August 8  00:00hrs - 03:00hrs
In order to prepare for changes to our Internet
access, there will be a network outage impacting Internet/CA*Net
services.

August 15  00:00hrs - 03:00hrs
Changes in the border network design as well as  changes in our
Internet Service Provider will result in an Internet/CA*Net service
outage.

August 22  00:00hrs - 03:00hrs
Changes in the border network design as well as  changes in our
Internet Service Provider will result in an Internet/CA*Net service
outage (This last outage may not be necessary).

Questions or concerns about this note, should be directed to
the CNS Helpdesk in the Computing Commons, William Small Centre,
(voice: 416-736-5800, email: [log in to unmask]).

CNS Announce